2018 is quickly approaching and with it comes some exciting news! I’ve recently been chosen as a 2018 official blogger for the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon! Over the next several months, I’ll be training for my first-ever half marathon and sharing updates on my progress right here on my blog. I’m excited, a little nervous, and eager to check this item off my bucket list.
Have you ever considered running a 5K, half marathon, or a full marathon? Join me in my training and make 2018 your year too! And if you’re in the Pittsburgh area, consider signing up for one of the events — marathon, half marathon, marathon relay, pet walk, or another. There’s something for everyone! Sign up by March 31, 2018 and receive $10 off your entry by using the code DELMONICODSGPM18 at checkout. Find details on this year’s race events below.
When is it? 2018 race weekend events take place Friday, May 4 – Sunday, May 6.
- Pet Walk – Saturday, May 5
- Toddler Trot – Saturday, May 5
- Kids Marathon – Saturday, May 5
- 5K – Saturday, May 5
- Marathon Relay – Sunday, May 6
- Half Marathon – Sunday, May 6
- Marathon – Sunday, May 6
How do I sign up? Visit this link, and use the code DELMONICODSGPM18 at checkout for $10 off your entry fee. (Code expires March 31, 2018.)
Resources? Find official training events and other helpful information on the DICK’s Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon website.
And with a new year right around the corner, it’s only natural to think about your 2018 resolutions. If you’ve made fitness-related goals for the new year (as many of us have!), why not treat yourself to some new gear that will get you excited to workout (in geeky style)!
This post contains affiliate links for some items below, as well as items I received through a collaboration. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Items listed from top to bottom:
- Princess Leia Quilted Vest by Her Universe from the Disney Store
For the princess in all of us. This vest will take you from errands to workout.
- Hogwarts Alumni Headband from Hot Topic
Let all the muggles know yer a wizard.
- Wonder Woman Protein Shaker from GNC
Because even Wonder Woman needs a little fuel.
- Marvel Iron Man Kettlebell from Onnit
A workout with Tony Stark? You’re on your way to joining the Avengers.
- Captain America ‘On Your Left’ T-shirt from Stride Fitness Apparel
We’d all love to take a run with Cap’n, but let’s be honest, we wouldn’t keep up.
- Star Wars Fight Scene Leggings from Under Armour
This is where the fun begins! (P.S. I got these leggings as a Christmas gift — they are AMAZING!)
- Doctor Strange ‘Dormammu, I’ve Come to Bargain’ Tank Top from SnorgTees
No one gets high reps like Doctor Strange.
- Legend of Zelda Sports Bra from ThinkGeek
For when your workout needs a little action and adventure.
- Game of Thrones House Stark Hoodie from HBO
Winter is here. Stay warm with added layers.
- Darth Vader Stainless Steel Zak Designs Water Bottle from Target
Don’t let your lack of hydration be disturbing.
- Han Solo Yoga Mat from Onnit
For when it’s time to get in downward-facing carbonite pose.
- Minnie Mouse Beanie from BoxLunch
Be cute as a mouse on your next outdoor run.
- Wonder Woman Leggings from Under Armour
Release your inner warrior.
- Star Wars ‘Stay on Target’ Tank Top from SnorgTees
Big goals? Just stay on target.
- ‘I Run Because Gandalf Told Me To’ T-shirt from Stride Fitness Apparel
And if Gandalf said so, that’s a good enough reason for me.
- Marvel Logo Crewneck Sweatshirt from Her Universe
Be your own superhero.
- Wonder Woman Elastic Headband Set from Her Universe
Who says workout hair can’t be cute?
- Star Wars ‘May the Force Be With You’ Sports Bra from Under Armour
“Do… or do not. There is no try.” Make yoda proud with every workout.
Whether you’re training for a half marathon or headed to spin class, there’s no reason why you can’t make your work out geeky. After all, geeks can be fit too.
All photos courtesy of vendors’ websites. Make sure to check out each shop to view all of their amazing items.