This post is sponsored by Universal Pictures. All opinions are my own.
It’s time to embark on a hilarious (and perilous) journey with Dolittle and his animal friends!
Dolittle is available for digital purchase today, March 24, and will be available for purchase on 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™, DVD and On Demand on April 7, 2020.
With an all-star cast led by Robert Downey Jr., Dolittle is a must-see that will have the entire family laughing! I mean it when I say I was LOLing in the theater. Read my spoiler-free review of Dolittle and get ready for a fun-filled movie night paired with a delicious snack inspired by the film!
The adventurous tale is brought to life with an amazing cast that includes the voice talents of Academy® Award winner Emma Thompson (Last Christmas, Late Night), Academy® Award winner Rami Malek (Bohemian Rhapsody, “Mr. Robot”), Selena Gomez (“Wizards of Waverly Place”), John Cena (“WWE”), and Tom Holland (Spider-Man: Homecoming) and more. The film is directed by Stephen Gaghan (Syriana) and produced by Robert Downey Jr. and Susan Downey.
Robert Downey Jr. electrifies as the man who could talk to animals: Dolittle. After losing his wife, he hermits himself away behind the high wall of his manor but is forced to set sail on an epic adventure when the queen falls gravely ill. Helping Dolittle in search of a rare cure are his rambunctious animal friends—including Chee-Chee (Malek), an anxious, self-conscious gorilla; Dab-Dab (Octavia Spencer, The Help), an enthusiastic but bird-brained duck; the bickering duo of cynical, neurotic ostrich Plimpton (Kumail Nanjiani, The Big Sick, “Silicon Valley”) and chilly-but-chill polar bear Yoshi (Cena); as well as a headstrong parrot named Polynesia (Thompson).
Catch incredible bonus content that you can only see on the 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™, DVD, and Digital release showcasing the making of the film and insight to all the cast.
BONUS FEATURES ON 4K Ultra Hd™, BLU-RAY™, DVD and Digital:
- TALK TO THE ANIMALS – Dolittle is surrounded by a motley cast of characters. Take a peek at all the fun the cast had giving each of the animals their unique voice.
- ROBERT DOWNEY JR. & HARRY: MENTOR AND MENTEE – Acting opposite a legendary actor like Robert Downey Jr. can be an intimidating experience, but Harry Collett handled it like a pro. See the unique bond the two actors formed on-set, and how Downey took the film’s young co-star under his wing.
- BECOMING THE GOOD DOCTOR – See the process of how this team of talented artists brought this film to life, and how Robert Downey Jr. transformed into the iconic Dolittle.
- ANTONIO BANDERAS: PIRATE KING – Antonio Banderas discusses what attracted him to the project, his experiences working with Robert Downey Jr., and what he brought to the role of King Rassouli.
- THE WICKED DR. MÜDFLY- Who is the nefarious villain Dr. Blair Müdfly? Michael Sheen dives into his character’s motivations for being Dolittle’s foil.
- A MOST UNUSUAL HOUSE – It takes a special home to accommodate humans and animals alike. Explore the unique rooms and modifications that allow Dolittle to house anyone or anything – big or small.
But what’s a movie night without a themed snack?! Inspired by one of my favorite animals in the Dolittle gang, I’m sharing a cute and tasty treat for chocolate-covered marshmallow pops that bring Yoshi the polar bear to life! .
Yoshi Marshmallow Pops Inspired by Dolittle
What You Need:
- Marshmallows, jumbo/campfire and mini sizes
- White chocolate candy melts
- Fruit Roll-Ups
- Black icing, small tube
- Lollipop sticks
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Wax paper
- Food-safe scissors
First, take a jumbo marshmallow and use food-safe scissors to trim the marshmallow into the shape of Yoshi’s head. On the right side of the marshmallow, trim off a small piece of the marshmallow at the bottom. Repeat on the left side to form the rounded shape of his chin.
Next, press a lollipop stick into the bottom of the marshmallow. (Don’t worry if the stick breaks through the top of the marshmallow — it will be covered up by Yoshi’s Fruit Roll-Up hat!)
In a microwave-safe bowl, heat your white chocolate candy melts in the microwave for 30 seconds. Remove your bowl from the microwave and stir the chocolate. Return your bowl to the microwave and repeat this process until your chocolate is melted and smooth. (This will take about a minute or so.)
Dip the marshmallow into the melted chocolate, covering it entirely, then place it on a piece of wax paper. Allow the chocolate-covered marshmallow to set for 30 minutes or until the chocolate is hard.
Next, it’s time to add Yoshi’s hat. Open a Fruit Roll-Up and place it on the chocolate covered marshmallow so that it covers the top of Yoshi’s forehead. Smooth the Fruit Roll-Up on the side and top of his head, cutting off any excess in the back. For the hat’s tassels, cut two small strips of Fruit Roll-Up and stick them to the side of the hat, allowing them to dangle on either side of the face.
Take a jumbo marshmallow and cut two small pieces off for the ears. Dip the base of each in melted white chocolate and stick them on either side of Yoshi’s head on top of his hat.
Cut a mini marshmallow in half, dip it in melted chocolate, then stick it to the middle of Yoshi’s face for his nose.
Cover Yoshi’s nose in black icing, then use the icing to add his eyes and his mouth. Let the icing dry and then enjoy!