This post is sponsored by Paramount Home Entertainment and Nickelodeon Home Entertainment. All opinions are my own.
The new season of Blue’s Clues and You! is now available on DVD, and I’m celebrating with some fun content on my blog!
Watch my interview with Josh, Blue’s new owner, and learn what the show means to him — plus, what it’s like to act on a quiet set! I’m also sharing a new recipe to make some delicious cookies inspired by the show!
In the Blue’s Clues & You! DVD collection, fans can help Josh solve games of Blue’s Clues as he tries to figure out what Blue wants for a snack, what present she wants for her birthday, what she would like to do on her playdate and more. The DVD will also include special episodes from Josh & Blue’s VLOG and eight bonus American Sign Language flashcards. Blue’s Clues & You! is now available from Nickelodeon and Paramount Home Entertainment exclusively at Walmart.
Blue’s Clues & You! Episodes:
- Meet Josh!
- Happy Birthday, Blue!
- Playdate with Magenta
- Big News with Blue
- How to Play Blue’s Clues Song
- Josh & Blue’s VLOG!
- ABC Song, Hide & Seek + Dancing!
- Holiday Shopping, Mailtime, Nursery Rhymes & More!
- Garden Sing Along, Touring School & Mailtime with Blue’s Clues!
- Soccer Tricks, Gopher Game & Color Song!
- American Sign Language Lesson, Nursery Rhymes & Mailtime!
- Planets Song, Find The Snail Game & Mailtime!
- American Sign Language Word of the Week
- Blue’s Clues
INTERVIEW: Meet Josh from Blue’s Clues and You!
I am thrilled to share that I had the opportunity to interview Josh! Watch our conversation and learn why Blues Clues and You! is important to him, how he takes his own dog to the set, and about a heartfelt conversation he had with Steve.
Blue’s Paw Print and Josh’s Sweater Cookies
Spend some time baking with your little ones and decorate some Blue’s Clues cookies!
Put a twist on the traditional thumbprint cookie and turn it into Blue’s paw print! And to celebrate the new host Josh, make some sweater cookies inspired by his iconic blue striped sweater!
What You Need:
- 2 sticks of butter, room temperature
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups of flour
- Blue royal icing
- Dark blue and light blue buttercream icing
- Blue food coloring
- Sweater cookie cutter
- 2 basketweave icing tips
- Icing bags
- Prepare the sugar cookie dough by combining the butter, sugar, and vanilla. Next, mix in the flour.
- Split the dough into two sections and color one section with blue food coloring. Place both sections of dough in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll out the non-colored dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut the sweater cookies out with the cookie cutter and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, watching carefully so that the edges do not brown.
- Roll the blue cookie dough into 1.5 inch balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Use the back of a teaspoon or your finger to create the indents of Blue’s paw by pushing into the dough. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes, removing halfway through to reinforce the indents, if needed.
- After the paw print cookies have cooled, fill each of the indents with blue royal icing. Let icing set over night.
- For the remaining sweater cookies, fill two icing bags with basketweave tips with dark blue and light blue buttercream. Then, alternate between both colors to add horizontal stripes across the cookie. Use the darker color to add the collar.
Blue’s Clues & You! is now available on DVD exclusively at Walmart!