This post is sponsored by Paramount Home Entertainment and Nickelodeon Home Entertainment. All opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links. Purchases from these links may provide a small commission to me to help support my blog. There is no fee or charge for you.
Christmas came early this year! Your favorite Nickelodeon shows are on DVD this holiday season — and they are the perfect gift for all ages!
Kids will love watching Blue’s Clues and You!, JoJo Siwa, and PAW Patrol. And adults will love watching The SpongeBob Musical: Live on Stage! and the Hey Arnold!: The Ultimate Collection! with the kids.
I for one was a HUGE Hey Arnold! fan growing up, so when I heard about the Hey Arnold!: The Ultimate Collection, I immediately added it as a last-minute Christmas wishlist item.
Shop Nickelodeon Favorites on DVD
Decorate Nickelodeon Gingerbread Cookies
To add a festive touch to your watch party during the holiday season, why not indulge in some delightful treats? Consider treating yourself and your guests to the delicious experience of holiday cookies delivery while enjoying these amazing Nickelodeon titles. To make it even more special, I’m also sharing some gingerbread decorating tutorials for you to try at home. It’s the perfect way to combine the joy of festive cookies with the excitement of your favorite shows!
Find easy cookie decorating tutorials below for:
- SpongeBob SquarePants and Patrick Star
- PAW Patrol! Bone
- Blue’s Clues and You! Paw Print and Josh
- Hey Arnold!
- JoJo Siwa’s Bow
Ingredients and Supplies:
- 1 c. shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. molasses
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cloves
- 5 c. flour, plus extra for dusting
- 3 tbsp. meringue powder
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 c. warm water (total) — 1/4 c. for the icing base and the remainder to reach desired consistency
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Food coloring — red, black, yellow, brown, blue, green, pink, purple
- Small, round icing tips
- Icing bags
- Rolling pin
- Cookie cutters — football, star, square, bow, bone, paw print, gingerbread man
- Large baking sheet
Baking the Gingerbread Cookies:
Prepare the gingerbread cookie dough by combining all of the ingredients in a large bowl, adding the flour gradually until combined. Cover the dough and chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
Once the dough is chilled, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Roll out your dough to 1/4 inch thickness and cut out your various shapes.
Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Let cookies cool before decorating.
Preparing the Royal Icing (and a Few Decorating Tips!):
Mix the meringue powder, powdered sugar, vanilla, and ½ c. warm water until combined. Then mix each of your desired colors for your various characters in small bowls
When decorating, use a thicker icing to outline shapes/letters and use a thinner icing to flood or fill the shapes. Use a toothpick to help spread and smooth the icing into corners and small areas. If your icing isn’t as thin (or runny) as you’d like, just add a half teaspoon or so of water until your desired consistency is met.
If you’re working on a more detailed design use a small, round icing tip to help control your icing flow.
When icing a cookie with multiple colors, let each color dry completely before adding another color next to or on top of another. This will help the colors not to bleed and the details to hold their shape.
SpongeBob SquarePants Gingerbread Cookie
- Cover a square cookie in yellow icing.
- Use black icing to add outlines for the eyes, eyelashes, nose, mouth, and teeth.
- At the center of each eye, add a black icing circle with a blue icing ring around it.
- Fill in the remaining eye areas and the teeth with white icing.
- Add several light green icing circles around the cookie for SpongeBob’s pores.
Patrick Star Gingerbread Cookie
- Cover the bottom half of a star cookie with lime green icing for Patrick’s shorts, leaving the two star tips bare.
- Cover the remaining top area and the bottom two star tips with pink icing.
- Add two eyes at the top with white icing.
- Add a smile, eyebrows, and pupils with black icing.
- Add a few flowers with purple icing on top of the lime green shorts.
JoJo Siwa Gingerbread Cookie
- Cover a bow-shaped cookie in red icing.
- Cover the center knot of the bow with black icing.
- Add white icing dots around the center knot for embellishment.
Hey Arnold! Gingerbread Cookie
- On the bottom half of a football-shaped cookie, add a football-shaped head in a cream colored icing.
- Add a small blue icing hat on the top center of the head.
- On either side of the hat, add Arnold’s hair with yellow icing.
- Add a smile, nose, and pupils with black icing.
Blue’s Clues and You! Paw Print Gingerbread Cookie
- Cover a paw-shaped cookie in light blue icing.
- Add five paw markings with dark blue icing on top of the light blue icing.
Blue’s Clues and You! Josh in a Striped Sweater Gingerbread Cookie
- Use light and dark blue icing to add a striped sweater to a gingerbread man cookie.
- Use black icing to add a pair of paints.
- Add two shoes with white icing.
- Using a beige colored icing, add a head and two hands.
- Add hair with brown icing.
- Add eyes and a smile with black icing.
PAW Patrol Gingerbread Cookie
- Cover a bone-shaped cookie in white icing.
- Add a thin border around the edge with dark blue icing.
- In the center of the cookie, use yellow icing to write PAW in bubble letters.
- Fill in each letter with light blue icing.
- On top of the letter ‘A’, add a small paw print with white icing.