Special thanks to Disney and Pixar for providing a Blu-ray copy of Soul to watch for our movie night. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Disney and Pixar’s Soul is now available on digital, 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD. Bring home a copy and decorate some Soul-inspired sugar cookies for your movie night!
About Disney and Pixar’s Soul
What is it that makes you…YOU? Pixar Animation Studios’ all-new feature film Soul introduces Joe Gardner (voice of Jamie Foxx) – a middle-school band teacher who gets the chance of a lifetime to play at the best jazz club in town. But one small misstep takes him from the streets of New York City to The Great Before – a fantastical place where new souls get their personalities, quirks and interests before they go to Earth.
Determined to return to his life, Joe teams up with a precocious soul, 22 (voice of Tina Fey), who has never understood the appeal of the human experience.
As Joe desperately tries to show 22 what’s great about living, he may just discover the answers to some of life’s most important questions.
Soul Cookies For Your Movie Night
I’m all about the themed snacks, so of course when we watched Soul, I had to bake a special treat.
These Soul logo cookies are both simple and delicious! Decorate your own cookies for your movie night by using the printable logo (found in the list below) and a food-safe marker to match the lettering.
- 4 sugar cookies, two squares and two rectangles
- 3 tbsp. meringue powder
- 4 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 c. warm water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Food coloring, blue and purple
- 3 icing bags
- Printed SOUL logo (for reference)
- Food-safe marker
- Mix the meringue powder, powdered sugar, vanilla, and 1/2 c. warm water until combined.
- Split the icing into three bowls. Color one bowl purple, one bowl blue, and leave the remaining bowl white.
- Place each icing color in a separate icing bag.
- Starting with the purple icing, cut the tip of the bag off with a pair of scissors, Then, cover one rectangle and one square cookie with a base of purple icing.
- Repeat the previous step with the blue icing and cover the remaining cookies with a base of blue icing.
- Let the icing base dry completely before adding the letters.
- Once the blue and purple icing has set, use the printable SOUL logo from the list above to trace each letter onto a cookie with a food-safe marker.
- Once the letters are traced onto the cookies, use the white icing to outline and fill each letter.
- Let the letters dry completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 696Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 146mgCarbohydrates: 154gFiber: 0gSugar: 143gProtein: 2g
Nutrition data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 4/12/2021.
Watch the Trailer with Me