This post is sponsored by Lionsgate. All opinions are my own.
Bodi and his band, True Blue, are back and it’s time to rock!
Rock Dog 2: Rock Around The Park is now available on Digital, and will also be available to purchase on Blu-ray (plus Digital) and DVD on June 15th.
To celebrate the release, I’ve partnered with Lionsgate to bring fans a fun cookie tutorial that will have you wanting to join a rock ‘n’ roll band.
Rock Dog 2 – Now Available on Digital, Coming to Blu-ray and DVD on June 15
One year after the events of the original Rock Dog, Bodi and his band, True Blue, have become locally famous in the village of Snow Mountain—they even have devoted fans! But when a music mogul named Lang gives them the opportunity to tour with pop sensation Lil’ Foxy, Bodi and his friends learn that fame comes at a price, and ultimately discover that only by staying true to yourself can you unleash the power of rock ‘n’ roll!
From the award-winning producers that brought you Norm of the North, “Clifford the Big Red Dog”, and “I Got a Rocket!”, this heartwarming family film will have you and your little ones unleashing your power of Rock ‘n’ Roll alongside Bodi and his band!
Decorate Rock Dog 2 Cookies of Bodi’s Guitar and Guitar Pick
Inspired by Bodi’s iconic guitar and his signature guitar pick (literally), I’m sharing a fun cookie tutorial to add a little bit of rock ‘n’ roll to your watch party!
While these cookies might initially look intimidating, I’ve got tips and downloadable cookie templates to share that will make your decorating process simple.
These rock ‘n’ roll cookies are sure to impress your other band members and will make a memorable movie night snack.
Rock Dog 2 Cookie Decorating Tutorial
Rock out and decorate cookies that look like Bodi's guitar and guitar pick.
- 2 sticks of butter, room temperature
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups of flour
- Royal icing - white, red, black, gray, gold
- Guitar and guitar pick cookie stencil - DOWNLOAD
- Icing bags
- Round silver sprinkles
- Black edible ink marker
- Prepare the sugar cookie dough by combining the butter, sugar, and vanilla. Next, mix in the flour. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness using a rolling pin. Use the cookie templates to cut out the guitar pick and guitar from the dough, then place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, watching carefully so that the edges do not brown. Let the cookies cool before decorating.
- For the guitar pick cookie, cover the top of the cookie in black royal icing. Let the icing dry completely, then add Bodi’s name in gold royal icing.
- For the guitar cookie, use the edible ink marker to outline the shapes that make up the guitar - the red body and headstock, the gray bridge and pickups, and the white pickguard and neck.
- Using gray royal icing, fill in the gray bridge and pickups.
- Using white royal icing, fill in the white pickguard and neck areas.
- Using red royal icing, fill in the red body and headstock areas.
- Once the icing has completely dried, use the black edible ink marker to draw horizontal lines down the neck for the frets. Draw six tuner pegs on top of the headstock area, then draw six vertical strings from the headstock down to the bottom gray bridge.
- As a final touch, add two round silver sprinkles, using white royal icing to secure them, for the guitar knobs on the white pickguard area.