This post is sponsored by Nickelodeon Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment. All opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links. Purchases from these links may provide a small commission to me to help support my blog. There is no fee or charge for you.
It’s officially November — and that means that Christmas is near!
Grab a cozy blanket, put up the tree, and get in the Christmas spirit with Nick Jr.’s brand-new DVD release The Night Before Christmas! Available on November 2 to purchase, the DVD includes Christmas-themed episodes from PAW Patrol, Baby Shark’s Big Show!, Blue’s Clues & You!, Bubble Guppies, and Blaze and the Monster Machines. Preschoolers and their families will get to meet Santa, learn new holiday traditions, and celebrate the joyous holiday with their favorite characters.
And to add another level of cozy to your watch party, I’ve partnered with the Nick Jr. team to bring you a recipe for delicious hot chocolate bombs inspired by Nickelodeon! Keep reading for details on how to make this treat at home.
Nick Jr.’s The Night Before Christmas on DVD
Ho, Ho, Ho, it’s the night before Christmas for the PAW Patrol, Blue, The Bubble Guppies and more! The PAW Patrol work together to stop Mayor Humdinger and help Santa save Christmas. Molly, Gil, and Bubble Puppy discover Santa’s list is lost in the snow and need to get it back to the North Pole! Then, viewers will decorate the tree with Steve, help Joe wrap presents in Santa’s workshop and everyone will celebrate a night full of Christmas traditions!
Nick Jr.: The Night Before Christmas episodes:
- PAW Patrol: Pups Save a Bah Humdinger
- Baby Shark’s Big Show!: All I Want for Fishmas
- Blue’s Clues & You!: Blue’s Night Before Christmas
- Bubble Guppies: The Guppies Save Christmas!
- Blaze and the Monster Machines: Snow Day Showdown
Nick Jr.: The Night Before Christmas will be available to purchase on DVD on November 2.
Cozy Up with Nick Jr. Hot Chocolate Bombs
Hot chocolate bombs are a fun and easy treat that you can make at home with your family.
All you need are sphere silicone molds, chocolate or candy melts, your favorite hot chocolate mix, and any other fun surprises or toppings you might like to include!
The recipe below uses the iconic Nick Jr. colors to bring to life the perfect hot chocolate bomb for a Nick Jr. watch party!
- Orange and white candy melts
- Green sprinkles
- Hot chocolate mix
- Small marshmallows
- Silicone sphere molds
- Wax paper
- Small microwave-safe plate and bowls
- Place the orange candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl and melt them in the microwave according to the package instructions.
- Add a spoonful of the melted orange candy melts to each of the silicone molds and, working quickly, use the back of the spoon to cover the mold.
- Place the filled molds in the freezer to harden for 20 minutes.
Remove the molds and place them upside down on a piece of wax paper.
- Carefully pull back the mold to pop out each piece.
- Warm a microwave-safe plate for 30-45 seconds in the microwave. Clean up and straighten the edges of each half by placing the open side of a chocolate piece on the warm plate for a few seconds, allowing the edges to melt and even out.
- Fill half of the pieces with a few spoonfuls of hot chocolate mix and small marshmallows.
- Place an empty chocolate piece on the warm plate to melt the edges again, then place it on top of a piece that has hot chocolate and marshmallows in it to form a complete sphere.
- Melt the white candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave according to the package instructions.
- Use a spoon to add a decorative white drizzle on top of each hot chocolate bomb, then add green sprinkles while the white drizzle is still wet.
- Warm a glass of milk, add a hot chocolate bomb, stir and watch for a delicious treat!