This post is sponsored by Nickelodeon. All opinions are my own.
This time of year, some of my favorite nights are spent on the couch with a hot drink and a marathon of one of our favorite shows. That’s why I love making fun hot chocolate bombs inspired by whatever we are watching! They just make our watch parties more festive.
In celebration of Avatar Adversaries and in partnership with Nickelodeon, I’ve created a recipe for some hot chocolate bombs inspired by the four nations of Avatar: The Last Airbender — the Air Nomads, the Water Tribe, the Earth Kingdom, and the Fire Nation.
Make your own hot chocolate bombs at home by following my tutorial and visit BoxLunch Gifts for awesome Avatar-inspired merch, like my Water Tribe joggers.
(And if you’re in the mood to bake, check out my fun Pabu cookies that would pair great with a cup of hot chocolate, inspired by The Legend of Korra!)
Avatar: The Last Airbender Hot Chocolate Bombs – Inspired by Avatar Adversaries
Ingredients and Supplies:
- Silicone sphere molds
- Blue, red, green, yellow candy melts
- Blue, red, green, yellow sprinkles
- Melting chocolate
- Hot chocolate mix
- Small marshmallows
- Wax paper
- Small microwave-safe plate and bowls
- Place the melting chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and melt it in the microwave according to the package instructions.
- Add a spoonful of the melted chocolate to each of the silicone molds and, working quickly, use the back of the spoon to cover the mold.
- Place the filled molds in the freezer to harden for 20 minutes.
- Remove the molds and place them upside down on a piece of wax paper. Carefully pull back the mold to pop out each piece.
- Warm a microwave-safe plate for 30-45 seconds in the microwave. Clean up and straighten the edges of each half by placing the open side of a chocolate piece on the warm plate for a few seconds, allowing the edges to melt and even out.
- Fill half of the pieces with a few spoonfuls of hot chocolate mix and small marshmallows.
- Place an empty chocolate piece on the warm plate to melt the edges again, then place it on top of a piece that has hot chocolate and marshmallows in it to form a complete sphere.
- Melt the blue, red, yellow, and green candy melts in separate microwave-safe bowls in the microwave according to the package instructions.
- Use a spoon to add a decorative drizzle on top of each hot chocolate bomb, then add the corresponding colored sprinkles on top while the drizzle is still wet.
- Warm a glass of milk, add a hot chocolate bomb, stir and enjoy a delicious treat!