This post is sponsored by Nickelodeon Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment. All opinions are my own.
Join Josh and Blue in the Big Apple for a sing and dance-along musical spectacular for the whole family in Blue’s Big City Adventure, now available on DVD! Featuring all-new songs and choreography with the show’s beloved hosts–past and present–and fan-favorite animated characters, the feature-length movie also includes special star appearances by BD Wong, Ali Stroker, Taboo, Alex Winter, Phillipa Soo and Steven Pasquale.
About Blue’s Big City Adventure
Blue’s Big City Adventure follows Josh (Josh Dela Cruz), who gets the opportunity of a lifetime to audition for Rainbow Puppy’s (Brianna Bryan) Broadway musical, and Blue (Traci Paige Johnson) as they skidoo to New York City where they meet new friends and discover the magic of music, dance and following one’s dreams. The entire Blue’s Clues crew is reunited for this special movie, with the beloved animated friends and all three hosts–Josh, Steve (Steve Burns) and Joe (Donovan Patton)–together for the first time in the Big Apple.
Blue’s Big City Adventure Special Features
- Sing-Along Songs
- Brand New Day
- We’re On Our Way
- How to Play Blue’s Clues!
- That’s My Song
- Happiness is Magic
- The Happy Puppy Dance
- Blue Finds a Clue in New York City Vlog #1
- Blue Finds a Clue in New York City Vlog #2
- Hide and Seek Toy Play #1
- Hide and Seek Toy Play #2
DIY Blue’s Big City Adventure T-shirt
Whether you’ve traveled to the Big Apple before or still have NYC on your bucket list, making a NY-themed t-shirt inspired by Blue’s Big City Adventure is a movie night must-do! Just follow the tutorial below and make matching shirts for your entire family.
- White T-shirt
- Blue’s Clues NY design template, printed — DOWNLOAD
- Iron-on vinyl, black and blue
- Pen (for tracing)
- Optional – Cricut machine and cutting accessories (mat, weeder, scraper, transfer tape)
- Print and cut out the Blue’s Clues NY design template (found in the supplies list above) to the desired size to fit your shirt.
- Using the pieces as a stencil, trace the letters from the template onto the back of the black iron-on vinyl (this is the non-shiny side). Note – in order for the design to display on your finished shirt correctly, you will need to flip the letters horizontally so that they are “mirrored” when you trace them onto the material. This will ensure they read correctly when the shiny side of the iron-on vinyl is facing up. Once your letters have been traced, cut them out with scissors.
- Repeat the previous step with the blue iron-on vinyl for the paw print.
- Place the iron-on vinyl pieces (shiny side up) on the center of your shirt. Place a thin cloth over top of the pieces and press a hot iron on top of the fabric to adhere the vinyl pieces to your shirt, following the iron-on vinyl package instructions.
- Once your pieces have been ironed on, let them cool completely and then carefully remove the shiny, clear plastic pieces to reveal the finished design.
Note: If a Cricut machine (or similar cutting machine is available), you can also load the design file into Cricut Design Space and cut out the file pieces from iron-on vinyl with the machine.