This giveaway is sponsored by Nickelodeon Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
🎶 ooooh ooh ooh oh oh ohhh🎶
If you’re a 90s kid like me, you definitely remember that eerie theme song! Truth be told, I’m still afraid of the dark — but I am going to suck it up to watch the reboot of Nickelodeon’s Are You Afraid of the Dark? series! It is the Halloween season, after all.
I am not a big fan of scary movies and shows — I literally get scared! — and it likely all started in the 90s with this series. I remember getting home from school, finding a snack, and turning on the TV to watch Nickelodeon. When it was time for Are You Afraid of the Dark?, my older brother would come in the room to watch and I would force myself to be brave and watch it. Let’s be honest, I was glued to my seat and had to know what eerie story The Midnight Society would tell! Oh, and I probably had few nightmares. 🙂
About the Are You Afraid of the Dark Reboot
Re-imagined for a new generation, Nickelodeon’s all-new version of ‘90’s kids’ cult classic Are You Afraid of the Dark? arrives on DVD Tuesday, August 11, 2020 from Paramount Home Entertainment and Nickelodeon Home Entertainment. The three-part limited series follows members of an entirely new Midnight Society, who tell a terrifying tale of the Carnival of Doom and its evil ringmaster Mr. Top Hat, only to witness the shocking story come frightfully to life and prepare for an adventure beyond their wildest nightmares.
A must-own for fans of the classic series, as well as those new to the franchise, the Are You Afraid of the Dark? DVD also includes three fan-favorite episodes from the original series and will be available for the suggested retail price of $13.99.
The new members of the Midnight Society are:
- Rachel, played by Lyliana Wray (Top Gun: Maverick, Black-ish);
- Gavin, played by Sam Ashe Arnold (Best.Worst.Weekend.Ever.);
- Akiko, played by Miya Cech (Rim of the World, Always Be My Maybe);
- Graham, played by Jeremy Taylor (IT: Chapter Two, Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween);
- Louise, played by Tamara Smart (Artemis Fowl, The Worst Witch);
- The Carnival of Doom’s ringmaster, Mr. Tophat, is played by Rafael Casal (Blindspotting).
Are You Afraid of the Dark? Episodes:
- Part One: Submitted For Approval
- Part Two: Opening Night
- Part Three: Destroy All Tophats
- Original Series Season 1, Episode 2: The Tale of Laughing in the Dark
- Original Series Season 4, Episode 8: The Tale of the Ghastly Grinner
- Original Series Season 5, Episode 1: The Tale of the Dead Man’s Float
Enter to Win a Copy of the New Are You Afraid of the Dark Series on DVD
Thanks to Nickelodeon Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment, one lucky individual can also win a copy of the new Are You Afraid of the Dark? series on DVD. Entering the giveaway is easy! Just visit my recent Instagram post and follow the instructions to enter. Good luck to all!