This post is sponsored by Metro Goldwyn Mayer Pictures. All opinions are my own.
They’re creepy and they’re kooky, mysterious and spooky, they’re altogether ooky, The Addams Family.
Everyone’s favorite spooky family is back in the animated comedy sequel, The Addams Family 2. And you can watch it in theaters and On Demand this Friday, October 1st!
About The Addams Family 2
With the return of The Addams Family, we find Morticia and Gomez distraught that their children are growing up, skipping family dinners, and totally consumed with “scream time.”
To reclaim their bond they decide to cram Wednesday, Pugsley, Uncle Fester and the crew into their haunted camper and hit the road for one last miserable family vacation. Their adventure across America takes them out of their element and into hilarious run-ins with their iconic cousin, IT, as well as many new kooky characters. What could possibly go wrong?
The film is directed by Greg Tiernan and Conrad Vernon. You’ll also recognize the voice talent in the film which stars Oscar Isaac, Charlize Theron, Chloë Grace Moretz, Nick Kroll, Javon ‘Wanna’ Walton, Wallace Shawn, with Snoop Dogg as ‘IT’, with Bette Midler and Bill Hader.
Make Your Own Addams Family Photo Frame to Feature Your Creepy and Kooky Family
Perfect for your Halloween decor, I’ve prepared a creepy and kooky DIY project to make at home. Inspired by the Addams Family themselves — just add your own family photo to the frame for some spooky vibes. Find the files and instructions below to make your own.
DIY Addams Family 2 Photo Frame
Is your family creepy and kooky? This DIY Addams Family photo frame is perfect for your Halloween home decor.
- 8x10 picture frame with the glass removed
- Decorative hinge clip
- 5 in. square photo of your choice
- “We’re Creepy and We’re Kooky” File -- DOWNLOAD
- White, black, purple cardstock paper
- Black adhesive vinyl
- Transfer tape
- Double-sided tape
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Cricut cutting machine and cutting accessories (mat, weeder, scraper)
- Load the project file into Cricut Design Space or access the project here.
- Size the “We’re Creepy and We’re Kooky” phrase to 6.5 in. width, then cut it out on black adhesive vinyl with the Cricut.
- Carefully weed the excess pieces off of the white backing, anything that is not part of the phrase, and set the phrase aside.
- Cut out two squares with the Cricut to use as the backing for your photo. If using a photo sized at 5. in width, cut a purple square at 5.5 in. width and a black square at 5.25 in. width on cardstock paper.
- Use double-sided tape to stick the photo and backing squares together, stacking the photo on top of the black cardstock square. Next, place that piece on top of the purple cardstock square, attaching it with tape.
- Cut out an 8x10 white rectangle with the Cricut to use as the background for the frame.
- Place a piece of transfer tape on top of the ”We’re Creepy and We’re Kooky” phrase, then use the scraper to place the transfer tape securely to the letters.
- Carefully pull the phrase off of the white backing with it now sticking to the transfer tape.
- Center the phrase at the top center of the white cardstock background, then press the phrase to the paper and secure it by running the scraper over the top of the transfer tape. Carefully pull back the transfer tape, leaving the phrase in place on the white cardstock paper.
- Use hot glue to attach the decorative hinge clip to the white cardstock paper, gluing it directly below the center of the vinyl phrase.
- Once the hot glue has dried, secure the photo with the paired backing between the fasteners of the hinge clip.
- Stick the assembled white cardstock piece into the frame and return the frame backing to keep it in place.
If a Cricut machine (or similar cutting machine) is unavailable, print the “We’re Creepy and We’re Kooky” phrase out on the top of an 8x10 piece of paper and cut out the rest of the cardstock squares with scissors to assemble the photo frame.
Watch The Addams Family 2 in theaters and On Demand this Friday, October 1st.